This coming February, as many of you know, Grace Immanuel Bible Church will be hosting our annual Courageous Churchmen conference. This conference is directed toward pastors, church leaders, pastors in training and elders of individual local churches for a focused time of teaching, encouragement and mutual edification.
In 1 Timothy 3:4, Paul lists one of the marks of a faithful overseer of the church as a man who “manages his household well.” The dangers confronting a pastor in his daily ministry are myriad, and neglect of the home is one of the dangers that is near the top of the list. With this in mind, the theme of the conference in 2018 will be “The Pastor in his Home”. There will be 4 concentrated sessions taught by our senior pastor, Jerry Wragg, as well as 3 panel discussions. Some of the topics that will be covered in the sessions are:
- How does an elder team determine when a man is not leading his home?
- How does a man balance being a faithful shepherd of the church and a faithful husband and parent during the changing seasons of life?
- How does a leadership team navigate the process of an elder's child who abandons the faith?
- How does a faithful pastor lead his family during a child's teen years?
- How do the biblical requirements for faithfulness in the home as a pastor/elder influence the church?
- What does "quotredemptive leadership" in the home look like?
This conference is one of the highlights of the year for our church family. For a preview of the upcoming conference, please click here.
There will be an "early bird" price for those who plan on registering before January 7th. Early Bird Registration will be $40 until January 7th. After such date the registration will go up to $60 per person.